Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Thursday, August 25, 2005

My Maiden Voyage to the World Of Blog


This is the first time I've ever Blogged (is that a word?), so forgive me! I'm still creating the website, so please have some patience as I figure it all out!

I guess I should introduce myself first. My name is Brian and I live in East Point, GA (a suburb of Atlanta). I'm 39 years old and I'm an Atlanta native-- grew up in Decatur and Stone Mountain. I work in a restaurant named The Flying Biscuit- I'm the Operations Manager. I wear many hats at work. I do: payroll, human resources, bookkeeping, accounts payable, accounts receivable, catering, merchandising, advertising, web site maintenance, guest relations and charitable donations. Once in a while, you'll see me bussing tables or running the cash register in the Bakery!

The Biscuit is a fun place to work- there's always something new and exciting going on. Right now, we have two stores and a third is in the works- hopefully by the end of 2005. Our original location has been open for 12 years. We have recently received a lot of press- in the last couple of weeks we've been featured on Good Morning America, $40 a Day with Rachel Ray & the CBS Nightly News. As for print, we've had two articles about us in the Creative Loafing and one in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution (all of these were in the month of August).

I'm a single Dad. Well, I guess you could call me that! I am single, but my kids all have four legs and are furry! I've got 4 dogs: Betty (14 yr old doberman mix I got from the pound), Shelby (7 yr old golden retreiver mix I got from a rescue group), Clara (2 yr old white lab mix- a stray that found her way into my fence and never left), and King (7 month old white lab/boxer mix and Clara's son). Clara has two other babies that occassionaly stay with us, and often visit- Cletus and Lady. Cletus was adopted by my friend Beverly, and Lady was adopted by my mother, Harriet. More about the puppies and the hell they put me through later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home