Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Big Weekend!





I decided to postpone my list til later-- too many things I want to do, but I can't put them all down on paper. I'll think on this topic for a few days. I got the idea for the list after reading the same topic discussed in another Blog that I've become addicted to lately- "boys briefs" (see link).

Yesterday morning, I auditioned for the role of Jonathan in "Arsenic & Old Lace", at the Jefferson Park Rec Center. Johnny is an interesting character- he's a criminal that escaped from prison and hooked up with a plastic surgeon, Dr. Einstein. Each time Johnny commits a crime, the doctor will operate on his face to change his appearance which keeps Johnny from getting caught. Unfortunately, after so many face augmentations, Johnny is beginning to look more and more like Frankenstein- in fact he killed his last victim because the guy told him he reminded him of Boris Karloff.

The audition went well, and I think I got the part. Unfortunately, not enough people auditioned so there weren't enough people to cast in the 14 different roles. More than likely, the play will be scrapped and we'll try again in the Spring.

Last night was my friend, Beverly's, birthday party at the American Legion in East Point. There was a big turn out and she received lots of great presents. Happy Birthday, Beverly!

This afternoon I'm going to the Atlanta Underground film Festival (AUFF)- a Celebration of Emerging Independent Artists (www.auff.org). They'll be showing lots of short movies, and a few feature-length films. I was invited to it last year, but didn't make it. Some friends from work encouraged me to go with them this year and I'm looking forward to it. It's a weeklong event, and today is the last day.

I'm still working on the webpage here-- I figured out how to add pictures (kind of), but I'm still trying to figure out how to add links and favorites to the homepage. I'll do a little homework this week and hopefully I can make this site look a little better soon!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home