Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Gone to the Dogs...




Shelby knows that she isn't allowed on the furniture. I know that she knows it! She hasn't been on the furniture at all during the last 12 years that I've known her. But-- this old dog is learning new tricks. Her new little sister, Lady, likes to sneak up on to the furniture in the sunroom. Since I don't spend a lot of time in there, she knows that she has free reign of her room. She usually hears me coming and gets down before I can correct her, though.

Shelby has watched her do this for a few weeks now and she takes it as a sign that it's suddenly a good idea to crawl up onto the sofa or the chair and take a decent nap, as long as no one is looking! Today I found her in my chair. Normally I would scream a loud "No!" or "Off!", but all I could do was run for the camera. Who could deny this sad face and those puppy dog eyes of anything? I know... I'm a sucker and this chair will probably be history as soon as Betty and King discover that they can get away with this too.

2 Comments:

Blogger =^..^= Kitty =^..^= said...

Shelby is now my screen saver. What a pretty girl!

10:22 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have taken the cute picture and then said "NO" loudly. I'm not losing any more of my furniture to my beloved pets. The money I save from not replacing furniture can go toward buying new toys, vet care, etc. I think Lucy cost me around $2000 or more in household damages when she was little.

I guess I must sound like a terrible person.

8:12 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home