Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Saturday, May 05, 2007

Poor Little Tomato


My neighbor's dog ransacked my front yard last night. I caught it messing with my pond and chased it out of the yard. In the melee, several of the rocks were knocked into the pond, and my beloved tomato plant was crushed. I found my little tomato in the front yard this morning and brought it in. It's sitting on my desk as a reminder to keep an eye out for that dog, and it's owner. I don't want to make a big deal out of it- the plant only cost $1.99 originally, but it's the principal of the thing. I was planning on planting all of the annuals this week, but now I'm wondering if i should? This dog gets lose at least 3 times a day, and it makes a b-line to my yard every time. I'm sure that whatever I plant will be destroyed. I've talked to the dog's owner about this several times and he always assures me that it won't happen again. However, an hour later I'll find the dog in my yard again. The next time that I see the dog running freely again, I will call animal control and make a report.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, call animal control because it's obvious this dog is being neglected. Does the neighbor have a yard for the dog or, if not, is he just too lazy to walk him? Such a shame!!

5:53 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home