Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Cigars are in order!




I'm a Daddy! While watering the "crop" tonight, I found my first little tomato! I was tempted to pluck it and fry up the world's smallest fried green tomato, but it's so small-- smaller than a cherry tomato. If I'm patient, it'll grow big enough to make a meal out of, so I'll just have to wait. The okra, squash and peppers are looking good, too. I have several blooms on the pepper plants, so it's only a matter of time til I can make salsa!



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When did you start liking tomatoes? Thought you hated them. Tastes change, I guess, so enjoy your tiny little tomato that will grow into a great big tomato. Have you stocked the fish pond? Is it in your front yard? Hope so or the dogs will enjoy fish du jour. Also sorry to hear about the lawn mower. That isn't a very long life for one, is it?

8:05 PM

 
Blogger Brian said...

I like tomatoes-- as long as they're cooked. I never have liked them raw. But I'm told that garden grown tomatoes taste totally different than store-bought. I'll give 'em a try!

The pond is in the front yard, so it's safe from the dogs1 No fish yet, but I've got a couple of water lillies in there now. Hopefully they'll flourish and I'll eventually get some pretty flowers.

7:37 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home