Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Sunday, April 22, 2007

What a Weekend!





(The pictures I'm posting today are of some of the flowers in my yard.)

For the first time in months, I was able to sleep in yesterday! I woke up around 7am, but stayed in bed until 10am! It was incredible, and long overdue! I hit the gym by noon, followed by quick shopping at Publix, Lowe's, Barnes & Noble, and Petsmart. At Lowe's, I bought the vegetables that I vowed to buy, and more. I currently have the following planted in my garden: tomatoes, banana peppers, jalepenos, squash, okra & green beans.








Last night I was invited to a house-warming party a few houses up from me. The new home owner is a former roommate of my friend Kevin. It was good to see Kevin & Joe, meet the new neighbor (Mark), and even meet another neighbor that I've lived three houses away from for 7 years, but never met!


This morning I had an 8 hour long catering event at Turner Studios. It went good, and I'll just say that I was well-rewarded for my time! Afterwards, I came home and decided to treat myself-- the weather was great and I took advantage of it. I pulled the table and chairs up to the front yard and sat in the sun, reading a book for two hours. The sprinkler was nearby, watering my "crop". It was so peaceful to be outside in the sun- reading a book, feeling the mist from the sprinkler and hearing Mrs. Nix's flag flapping in the wind across the street. Days like this really re-energize me.










4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great Sunday. The pix of the year look great!!!

Jim

8:11 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds nice...and I know you deserved it!!!

(P.S. Why can't I kill the tunes?)

KK

5:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

.........and I can't link to Steve from your blog. Where'd all that stuff go? Can't see your profile or anything. (Can you tell I've had too much coffee!!!!)

5:02 PM

 
Blogger Brian said...

It looks ok to me.... my profile is missing, but it's gone for months now for some reason. Hopefully you can see the links to the other blogs... if not, scroll down- sometimes they move to the bottom of the page for no apparent reason!

6:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home