Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Can a Fried Egg say "Cheese!"?


I'll be spending the next 2 days in a studio, assisting a Food Stylist and photographer. I'm really looking forward to this, although I'm sure it'll get pretty boring at times. We are having 8 of our signature dishes photographed for publicity shots, advertisements, and for use on the company's website. It is anticipated that it will take 2 full ten hour days to get the shots we want-- I'm saying my prayers that it'll be wrapped up before lunch tomorrow, but I'm sure that they will drag it out for the full 2 days. After all, they get $1000 for each photo that we select. We're going in with an $8000 budget- I'm pretty much there to make sure that we stick to the budget! It will be cool though to see the "behind the scenes" tactics that go into food photography. They already warned us that all of the food we use will not be edible- they'll be using stuff like Elmer's glue in the coffee to simulate cream and other tricks of the trade that food photographers have used for years. I can't wait to see the things that they come up with. It should be interesting, and educational!
I dropped my car off at The Color Spot in Smyrna tonight. The wrap process will take one day. So, if all goes as planned, I'll be able to pick up the newly dubbed "Biscuit Mobile" tomorrow afternoon. I can't wait to see it! Of course, I'll post pictures of it soon!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have fun working at the photo shoot. You have had a lot of good exposure in the food industry lately. Good for you! Jim

6:58 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home