Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Friday, July 06, 2007

Finally!

As some of you may know, I've been negotiating with the parent company for several months now. The negotiations are finally over and I got pretty much everything that I asked for. Part of my negotiation was for a commission on all of the catering sales. Today it was confirmed that I will receive the amount that I requested. The only problem is that I will only get paid on the sales when payment is received. A lot of my big accounts are on a 30 day billing cycle, so I won't be eligable for that commission until I get their checks 30 days later. The commission payment will be on my paycheck, so that adds up to another 2 weeks before I will actually see the money that I earned. I know that in the long run, this will be a good thing. Once the money starts coming in, it will be great. 'Til then, I'll need to tighten my financial belt a little. But overall, the news is great.

3 Comments:

Blogger epgraves said...

Well, look at it this way.... You cater events just about everyday so, in 2 weeks to 30 days, each day of the week will be a pay cycle for one client or the other so you will have money coming in everyday that will be added to your check!

10:14 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will they note what each commission is so that it won't be confusing as to who paid and who didn't yet pay? Congrats no matter how complicated it is!!!

4:26 AM

 
Blogger Brian said...

Luckily, I'm in charge of payroll and accounts receivable, so I'll be the one processing the payments and will be the one to submit my commission amounts to payroll. You're right though, Beverly. If I weren't in charge of these positions, I would worry that I wasn't getting my full commission. It's going to be complicated- especially when you throw in the fact that I will no longer get the delivery fee if I make a delivery-- I'll get 48.5 cents per mile instead. I'm going to be drowning in paperwork!

1:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home