Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Monday, March 03, 2008

The Weekend Recap



Michael doesn't like when I write about things that we do together on my Blog. So if you're reading this Michael, I apologize! I think of my Blog as a diary-- I like to write about what I'm doing. It's fun to go back and read my old stuff and see where my head was! Just think how much fun it'll be in a few years to be able to go back and read about our first dates, etc!






So, with more apologies to Michael, I'll fill you in on what we did last weekend. The highlight was Mom's birthday dinner at Daily's. I've only been to Daily's once in my life prior to this weekend. It was about 4 years ago. Dolly was in town shopping for furniture and decorations for her new home. She rented a couple of rooms at the Ritz. Beverly and Dolly shared a room, and I had a room to myself down the hall. We had a great dinner in the hotel and then stayed up late drinking and talking in their room. In the morning, we got up early and went to the Merchandise Mart in hopes of watching Dolly shop. Unfortunately, we were there during the off season, and most of the stores were closed. Dolly contimplated buying an artistic pair of brass scales with cut glass diamonds in the trays. She "weighed" her decision, and decided not to buy the scales, or anything else that we looked at. Instead of marathon shopping spree, we left empty-handed and went out in search of food. We ended up at Daily's Cigar & Martini Bar. As far as I remember, we had sandwiches and basic bar food, and of course a few drinks!

Fast forward a few years and Michael and I started dating. It turns out that he works at Daily's. In my mind, I always pictured Daily's as a bar-- it turns out that there is an upstairs restaurant that I never knew about-- fine dining at it's finest! So, when Joel called and suggested taking Mom out to dinner for her birthday, I suggested Daily's. I wanted Michael to be with us, and he was scheduled to work. At least this way, we could all be together and Michael could sort of be with us, and he could finally meet Joel (and his boyfriend- also named Michael!).


Everything was incredible, and I can't think of anything that I would change about the night (besides having Michael be able to sit with us and enjoy a great dinner!). Mom was very happy with everything as well, especially the dessert plate that Michael brought out after supper. He even had "Happy 70th Birthday Harriet" written out in chocolate on her plate! (pictured posted below in a previous entry)


Sunday was meant to be a day of rest, so we didn't do too much! I went to the gym early in the morning. Then I picked up Michael and we went to my church. Afterwards we had a nice birthday brunch with our friends Rob and Anna at the Brake Pad (happy belated birthday, Rob!). Then we did a shopping spree at Camp Creek Marketplace-- we hit Old Navy, Famous Footwear, PetSmart, Publix, Lowe's, DSW, Carinos and Lenscrafters. We didn't buy much-- just a hanging basket, some groceries, shoes and chicken parmigiana! I had a good time shopping- it turns out that Michael is NOT a shopper and despises any time spent in stores. I guess I might be shopping alone in the future! I can't imagine being near Target or Old Navy and not going inside to check the clearance racks! He was a trooper though and put up with my every "let's go in here"! I did save him the ultimate shopping experience-- Pier One! I'll save that one for later!
All in all, it was a great weekend-- especially the relaxing night we had watching TV (have y'all seen that show "Moment of Truth"?), having deep talks over Italian cuisine in bed, falling asleep early in the arms of my boyfriend and saying several prayers of thanks for the life that I'm living. I never imagined that life could ever be this good.

1 Comments:

Blogger Granny Annie said...

Thank you for your comment at Beverly's about the art work.

It is nice to know you read my blog. What an interesting time I'm having catching up on yours. There is life outside the chicken ranch after all.

8:36 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home