Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Babysitting Tale


As some of you might know, I'm keeping my Mom's dog, Lady, and Beverly's dog, Cletus, at my house. Cletus arrived yesterday and Lady arrived here today.

I wish someone had been hear to see what I saw when I got Lady to my house. I let her off the leash and she ran into the backyard. The boys (King & Cletus) ran up to her and started playing roughly, like they do with each other all the time. Lady wasn't used to it, so she fell to the ground and layed on her back- an act to show submission. It didn't stop the boys. Their mother, Clara, saw what was going on and she ran over and laid her body on top of Lady's to cover her, and she snarled at the boys whenever they came close. After a while, Lady felt comfortable and Clara let her up. Lady started walking around and the boys came up to smell her. Clara ran back over to her and jumped up on her back, still trying to keep her covered. The boys learned their lesson and started playing nicely with Lady. It was the cutest thing I've ever seen. I guess Clara does have some motherly instincts after all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home