Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Frazzled


This is how I feel. There is too much going on these days. My birthday party is this Saturday-- 48 hours from now. I've got so much to do to get the house ready, and I'm running out of time. I should be working on the house now, but I'm burned out on all of these projects that I started working on months ago. Hopefully as soon as I finish writting this Blog, I'll turn off the computer and get a little bit more work done before going to bed. I'm sure everything will turn out fine- it always does somehow. At the last minute, things seem to fall into place. Either that, or I give up and just decide to let things be as they are and try not to worry about it.

On top of that, I'm throwing the company Christmas party on Monday. I've received zero help with the planning or arranging of the party. I've booked the "hall", hired the entertainment, arranged for the catering, ordered a cake and almost single-handedly scrounged up about 50 door prizes to be given to employees during the party. The list of prizes include: lots of gift certificates to local restaurants, T-shirts, play tickets, a TV, an Ipod, and cash. I took it on myself to grovel to ALL of the local businesses- I went around to each of them on my own time to collect their donations. I was told yesterday that I'm not eligable to receive any of the prizes during the party, because "it just wouldn't look right". No one asked me to do this- I just did it on my own-- I want the party to be a success. I didn't ask to be responsible for arranging everything having to do with the party... I don't even know how that happened. Oh yeah, I'm also supposed to sit by the front door during the party- handing out drink coupons and raffle tickets. Meanwhile, my boss will be in the other room giving out the prizes that I worked so hard to accumulate. To add a little more stress, a large group of employees are protesting the party and vowing not to come.

I know it sounds like I'm bitching; I'm not. I want both parties to be a success. I'm just under a lot of pressure to pull off two great parties within two days of each other. I guess I can only do what I can do and I have to face that fact. Everything will be fine and the guests at both parties will have a good time and that's all that matters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home