Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Thursday, December 15, 2005

The Party's Over

I worried for nothing. The party's went fine, and I really had a good time at both of them.
The first party was at my house last Saturday-- I had 55 people in my little house, but it didn't seem crowded for some reason. I got some great surprises that day. Earlier in the day, my former boss from Rosenbluth showed up. I haven't seen him in about 5 years, but he's someone that I always looked up to and admired. He's the closest thing I have to a father. He came at just the right time and helped me finish cleaning, he even painted the front door an hour before the other guests arrived. He baked me a cake and built a birdhouse for my birthday presents. He had RSVP'd and said that he couldn't make it to the party, but he wanted to come by to see me before the party anyway... he probably didn't know that I would put him to work!
My other great surprise occurred when I saw my brother and his kids walking up my driveway. They live in Memphis and drove 8 hours each way to attend my party. I was shocked when I saw them. How cool it is to be loved enough for a teenager to give up a weekend in order to attend his Uncle's 40th?
A couple of other blasts from the pasts:
Former co-workers from Rosenbluth, Lisa and Alan, came to the party too. I haven't seen them in over 5 years, but we picked up right where we left off.
The Christmas party I threw for the Biscuit was a huge success, too. Everyone had a great time, and said it was the best party the Biscuit has ever had. Notable mentions: Krystal singing "Bohemian Rhapsody", Bruce's cake (complete with "chocolate-covered biscuits"!), country star Ty Herndon & his band in attendance, and lots & lots of eye-candy.
I dreaded and feared both of these events, but they both turned out fine. Thank God it's over, though. Now I can relax and coast through the rest of the holiday season!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home