Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Easter Reflections


I'll summarize it: It was my best Easter ever!!!!! The sunrise service was very moving. I can't believe it but, I was actually crying when Rev. Jim pronounced "The Lord is Risen! Alleluia!" as the darkened church was lighted up and the alter was decorated with dozens of bouqets of flowers and candles. It was a very moving service.

Afterwards, I had a brunch at my house. I had spent the previous couple of days getting the yard ready-- I planted 4 hibiscus trees, three flats of impatiens, weeded, edged and mowed the grass. I planted and installed some window boxes in the front windows, too. The front yard was transformed into a garden and everyone seemed to enjoy it as much as I did today. We all got a little sun, and sipped mimosas in the flower garden.

My only regret is that Bruce, Beverly and Kevin weren't around, but I know they had other obligations. Other than that the day was perfect: I was surrounded by good friends, good family, good food, great weather and an extreem feeling of peace! It was also nice to have all SIX of my "children" (of the four-legged variety) here to celebrate Easter with me!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home