Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Wish Me Luck!!!!

I finally put in my application for the Director of Catering/ Events job that I've been dreaming of! It was a struggle to get to this point- I had to get permission from Delia and John to even apply. It's awkward to have to ask your current employers for their permission to apply for another job. But, since the job I'm hoping for is with our parent company, it's not as if I would be leaving the company, just changing to a new position and leaving a vacancy that would have to be filled. Delia and John were both encouraging and gave me their blessings, so I went for it. If I get the new job, I will be in charge of Catering for 10 restaurant chains (currently about 500 individual restaurants nationswide, and growing at the rate of about 100 per year!). This job is HUGE, maybe more than I am qualified for, but you never know if you don't try! Even if I don't get this job, at least the parent company will have seen my resume and cover letter and will know just how many hats I currently wear and they may think of me when another position becomes open at the corporate level. Nothing bad can come from throwing my hat into the ring, so I did just that. Keep your fingers crossed for me! I'll keep you posted!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck, Brian. Any company would benefit from your energy, hard work and dedication.

Good for you..........Jim

9:31 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck. You've certainly earned this opportunity.

12:06 PM

 
Blogger epgraves said...

Goodah luckah!

5:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home