Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Goals, Dreams & Plans


I was watching Dr. Phil yesterday and he was talking about goals. He said that a goal is just a dream that has a timeline set and a plan to make it happen. I wondered if I had any goals. Do I even have a dream?

This morning, I was listening to the Bert Show on Q100 and they were asking the listeners to imagine that they were kids and to remember the excitement that they felt a few days before Christmas. They wanted the listeners to call in and tell them if they could still relate: what is coming up in the next week that they are that excited about? The phone lines were flooded with people calling in. They all had valid reasons to be excited: an upcoming bachelorette party, a new job, a new house, a wedding, the birth of a child, etc.....

Suddenly, I was depressed. I realized that I had no goals (no, Dr. Phil, not even a dream without a plan- much less a timeline). There's nothing in the near future that I am dreaming of. I looked at my calendar in hopes of finding something that I can look forward to. I became more depressed when I realized that I don't have a day off of work until sometime in May.



So here I am looking blankly into the future-- grasping at any small straw that I can call a goal or a dream. There's got to be something to be excited about, huh?








2 Comments:

Blogger =^..^= Kitty =^..^= said...

You must really be feeling down. So unusual for you. A goal doesn't have to be an exciting "thing." A goal can be attitude. You know that I have goals as small as not retiring with unwashed dishes or washing my face. Cheer up, buddy! You've met a lot of goals.

9:17 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Listen to the song that you have on. The power of the dream. Living,breathing,working, loving life isn't anything small at all. I believe everyday of your life is because of your goals you have set for yourself. Like Kitty said,a goal can be attitude. Keep believing in YOURSELF and ALL YOU Do!!

4:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home