Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Another Biscuit Update


I had dinner tonight at the new Biscuit! They've really done a great job with the decorations, etc. I wish I could've taken pictures of the inside, but it was jam-packed at dinner time! Good for them- I think it's going to be a hugely successful restaurant. It has that feeling. The serving staff are mostly young, hip and diverse. The cooks did an excellent job with keeping up with the orders. I even saw Delia working on the line to help them get the food out quickly.
On a side note, I suffered a kitchen injury yesterday. I won't go into the details, but will tell you that I feel as though I may have broken or fractured a rib. In situations like this, I always advise the employee to fill out an incident report and go to the clinic for a check-up. Did I follow my own advice? Of course not, I whined and complained a lot, but I finished off a 12 hour shift and returned the next day to do an 18 hour shift. I woke up this morning in a lot of pain, but it wasn't unbearable. I'll give it a couple of days to see if it gets better- it could be just a deep bruise. With the VIP party Thursday night, and a full catering schedule over the next 7 days, I don't have time to be sick or injured at this point.


I heard from a little birdie that the Biscuit won two of the Sunday Papers "Best of" awards. I'm sad to report that neither of them were for Best Caterer. I guess there's still a chance, because the source that told me didn't know that there even was a Best Caterer category. But, she felt certain that we didn't win it. There's always next year, and maybe a sliver of a chance for this year. I think the results will be in this Friday's paper-- of course I'll keep you posted. I really wanted this award, but I won't get too down over it if it goes to someone else. It would've been a nice feather in my cap, and God knows that at times like this, I need a feather so badly.
The next entry should show pics from the VIP party Thursday night. It should be cool-- a big tent in the parking lot, valet parking and servers with trays passing out appetizers. Sounds fancy- I can't wait!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry that the Flying Biscuit didn't get the caterer category award! I did the Chicago thing and voted early and often.

Jim

9:12 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home