Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Sunday, July 29, 2007

The Spoils




Yesterday's cooking demo went great-- we had a packed house and did a "Southern Picnic" theme: Oven-Fried Chicken, Organic Potato Salad, Strawberry Shortcake & Lemonade. Delia does such a great job entertaining the crowd as she cooks. I can really see her being the next Paula Deen. Delia's new cookbook is scheduled to be released in a couple of months and she's already getting offers to go on a book-signing tour. Now we just need to get her on some talk shows-- Ellen, Leno, etc and she'll be on her way to becoming a celebrity spokesperson! After the demo, the store manager gave me another piece of Calphalon cookware-- a 6.5 quart stock pot-- my set is now complete!




After the demo, we ran into the Indigo Girls! They were in Atlanta doing a concert at the Botanical Gardens last night. We were in traffic and they were in the car next to us. Delia and the Girls go way back-- Emily was the financier behind the Biscuits first store. They rolled down their window and Delia rolled down hers and they chatted for a moment before traffic started moving again and we lost each other. How cool to see some actual celebrities, driving their own car enroute to the concert venue! I wish I'd had my camera with me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home