Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Free to a Good Home...

When I bought my house, I found this antique wardrobe left here by the previous owners. It was in the garage housing tools, nails and screws so it weathered a storm or two, but it's still in pretty good shape. I moved it into the house several years ago and I found lots of uses for it. At one point it sat in my kitchen and I filled it with pots and pans. Later I moved it to the laundry room and used the drawers to store my scrapbook supplies. When I had a roomate and gave up one of the closets, I used it in my bedroom to store my winter clothes, coats, sweaters and jackets. But since I vowed that I will never have another roommate, I gained a little extra closet space and this cabinet has remained empty for almost a year. I'd love to pass it on to someone that can get some use out of it.


This wardrobe is original to East Point, GA. It was built by the Campbell Browne company in East Point. I googled "Campbell Browne" but I can't find any info on the company, but I feel certain that the company did exist here at sometime since the company name/ city name is stamped on the back of the cabinet.



Please let me know if you're interested in this piece of East Point history! Remember-- it's free!

3 Comments:

Blogger epgraves said...

Intereting piece but I have to decline because that house is so full already. Would be nice for an open display with vntage clothing but no room.

There are Campbells and one Browne (with an "E") and he died in 1917.

It is very dated, The old stamp of the company name in that primitive manner might put it in the 20's or 30's.

11:59 PM

 
Blogger =^..^= Kitty =^..^= said...

Man, I wish I had room for it. That's a very nice piece. Think twice about giving it away.

9:59 AM

 
Blogger hoodwinked2006 said...

Do you still have the chest? I would love to have the free piece of EP history. Let me know

1:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home