Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

InSite Magazine


I got an email from my sales rep at Insite and he let me know that we won the Best Bruch award. He said it was a close call and we almost got Best Breakfast, too, but that award went to J. Christopher's. Uggghhh! He didn't mention anything about the Best Caterer-- it wasn't an official category (write in only), so maybe he didn't check it. There's still a chance that I won, but I can be pretty sure that I didn't win. I just wonder if there was a winner of Best Caterer-- since it wasn't a category, could there really be that many people that wrote in for that category? Maybe they just picked the most popular write-in category and named the winner of that one? That's probably the case.

Oh well, all of the "Best Of" issues are over and done with, and my little catering operation didn't get any plaques or trophies. I won't cry. I get my own validation each night when I come home and enter the day's sales in the "Sales Tracker" program that I created. Last week was a huge week for me-- I did $6041 in sales. That's a new record in the Biscuit's catering history! My goal for the year is still $144,000 (double the 2006 sales), and so far I'm just over $122,000! And I still have 10 weeks to go! I had my doubts earlier in the year, but now I'm thinking that I really might reach my goal!

So what if Atlanta Magazine, Creative Loafing and InSite Magazine's readers don't think I'm the best caterer-- I think I've done a pretty good job. Sales are up 250% over last year, and 450% over 2005. That tells me that I'm doing something right, even if I don't have a stinkin' plaque!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home