Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Autumn Leaves




Nothing says "Thanksgiving" more than Autumn leaves. I took this picture today in Candler Park today. Awesome, huh?!?!?!?






When I was a few years younger, and my schedule was little less hectic, I used to drive to North Georgia for a day trip to Helen each Fall, just to see the leaves in all of their glory.




I used to love driving on a country road that was covered with leaves. It was best if it was virgin territory-- if I was the first one to drive down the road. I would go as fast as possible, while watching the sight in my rear view mirror-- leaves of all colors blowing up into the wind behind my car. This is probably some kind of flashback to an old "Dukes of Hazzard" episode, but it's the only way I know to welcome the Fall. I'm sure Bo & Luke Duke did this on just about every episode, despite the season.


I still seek this vision, but there are very few leaf-covered country roads in the Metropolitan Atlanta area. I get my thrills where I can, though. Today I found a street (Dorsey Ave in East Point) where Autumn leaves covered half of the right-of-way. I sped like a demon and watched the mirror the entire time. I didn't get the effect I was seeking. A few leaves blew into the air, but nothing that said "Happy Thanksgiving".



I'll keep searching. I'll find that deserted leaf-covered road eventually-- and when I do, watch out!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great photo in Candler Park! You've got a good eye for composition! Thanks for sharing.

Jim

8:20 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home