Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Saturday, November 17, 2007

The Rewards!


I finally got a big screen, HDTV! It's really not that big compared to some that I looked at, it's only a 32", but it's a lot bigger than the 19" that I'm used to watching in bed every night. This picture doesn't really show it well, but it's about the same width as my dresser. I was planning on waiting until Black Friday to buy the TV, but I found one at BJ's that was cheaper than the Black Friday prices of last year, so I went ahead and bought it. I'm still on the lookout for a larger screen for my living room-- hopefully I'll find a good deal on a 47" or 52" during the Black Friday sale. I can't really afford to buy two TV's in one month, but if there's any way possible I'll try to pull it off! Hopefuly there'll be some good deals next week, otherwise I'll have to wait til next year, Black Friday 2008!
The HD part of the TV isn't hooked up yet. There is a plug in the back for the HD connection, but I don't have a clue what I need to do do get that going. I don't know if it's a one time purchase of some HDTV appliance, or something I can pay for monthly through my satellite provider, Direct TV. If anyone knows how this works, I'd appreciate some advice. Thanks!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll need to upgrade your DTV receiver and probably your dish, unless you planned ahead and got the HD version when you got the system. It will have a port to connect the HD signal to the TV. You will also need to pay more for HD programming, but not much. And given your hours, you may want a built-in DVR to record shows to watch later.

Kevin

11:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home