Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Random Thoughts...

  • Jim's birthday was last week. I mailed him a card and a check. It's been 7 days since his birthday, and I haven't received a call to say thanks, and the check hasn't cleared my bank. Should I assume that he didn't receive the card/check? Given the track record, I know that he received it and probably pinned it to his bulletin board in hopes of cashing it some day. I don't understand why it is that everytime I send any member of my Memphis family a birthday check, they never acknowledge the gift and wait several months to cash the check. I'm always forced to call them months later and ask if they got it. I'm not going to put myself in this position again. From now on I'll send them socks/sweaters, if I decide to send them anything at all. It's just rude not to say thank you when you receive a gift.



  • My assistant Alex got a new haircut. I really liked it and questioned what barber he went to. It turns out that his rugby team held him down and shaved his head over the weekend. I decided to get the same "crew cut" today. I went to a nice salon and spent a lot of money, and mine didn't come out looking as good. Next time I need a haircut, I'll go see the rugby team. I guess a great haircut on a 21 year old doesn't translate to the head of someone twice that age, no matter who the stylist is.


  • I got new beds for all of the dogs this weekend. There is a built in pillow at one end of each of the beds. The "pillow" is no fluffier than the rest of the bed, although it is a different color, and a different material. So... how is it that the dogs all know which side of the bed to lay their heads on? Does the white color/ fleece material indicate the top of the bed in the dog world? I woke up at 3am this morning and noticed that all of the dogs were lying in their new beds with their heads on their "pillows". The camera was on my nightstand and I was able to get this shot of King sleeping.

  • Does anyone else hate Daylight Saving Time as much as I do? When I leave the house in the morning, it's dar. When I get home, it's dark. I won't see my yard or house in the daylight for the next 6 months. On the positive side, the pond lights are on a sensor and always come on when the sun goes down-- so... they are always on while I'm at home now.

4 Comments:

Blogger Brian said...

Update: I just noticed that the check that I wrote to Jim cleared my bank today. Maybe he'll thank me when I see him next week.

8:46 PM

 
Blogger =^..^= Kitty =^..^= said...

It is not impolite to telephone and ask if the gift was received. It's also not impolite to call Jim an insufferable ingrate!!!! LOL

12:26 PM

 
Blogger =^..^= Kitty =^..^= said...

King looks is such good condition. He's so sleek and smooth and shiny!

12:26 PM

 
Blogger epgraves said...

Don't let it bug you. I did a full transcription of Mount Olive Cemetery in East Point with their knowledge. I walked that cemetery for days writing down every single word and date on each gravestone. I then spent hours transferring it to computer file then spent money on ink, binders, paper... So they would have a record which they did not have. I made one bound copy for me, one for the EPHS and TWO for the church. I wanted them to have one in their safe and the caretaker to have one to add additional burials to. I called and said it was done "Ok, Put them in the mail box, I'll get um" was all I was told. I volunteered, Didn't want a thing but a simple thank you. I never heard one word.

Then, I put the cemetery at my church back together for them. They invited me to church and thanked me and each member came up to me and thanked me. I had never felt so welcomed anywhere so I Started going and joined the church.... So, moral of the story is... There are grateful people and there are ungrateful people and character can often sometimes be defined with a simple gesture.

12:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home