Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Goal Within Reach...



This is a graph I made showing catering sales for the past three years (since I took over the catering department). The left column shows the 2005 sales ($36,000), the middle column shows 2006 sales ($72,000) and the column on the right represents the year-to-date sales of 2007. This years sales, as of today, are at $142,821.87. My goal is to double the previous year's sales. I did it last year, and I'm only $1178.13 short of doing it again this year! I still have 5 weeks to go to reach my goal, but at least I know that it's within reach now!

How cool will it be when I can put the following stats on my resume:

  • Increased catering sales by 200% in 2006 and 2007.
  • Increased catering sales by 400% in a 2 year period.

I've never had any actual numbers to put on my resume. Now I do, and they are pretty impressive.

Can I double the sales again next year? I have a feeling that I can. In the past month, I've hired 2 more part time drivers (in addition to Alex). This week, I got approval to hire a full time assistant (salaried position) to help me with catering and everything else that I do. With all of this help, I should be able to safely predict another good year in 2008.

1 Comments:

Blogger epgraves said...

Come on dude! 5 weeks to reach it??? You know you will have that small ammount by Wednesday of the coming week...Don't sweat.

2:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home