Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Road Trip






We had a whirlwind trip to Memphis this weekend for Jaime's graduation. We left late Friday afternoon, and returned immediately after the 1pm ceremony. The graduation was held at one of those huge mega-churches. Although we weren't too far from the stage, my camera wouldn't pick up any very good pictures for some reason. I was down near the stage when Jaime was given his diploma, but I missed the shot.



I got a little emotional at the thought of Jaime graduating. It seems like it was yesterday when he was just a little baby and I held him for the first time. It kind of hit me like a ton of bricks that he is an adult now. He's 18-- he can vote now-- he's moving out of his Mom's house in the next couple of weeks-- he's going to college this Fall. Although I will always think of him as a baby, he's turning into a man quicker than I expected. It makes me feel old!



Like I said before, I didn't get any pictures of Jaime in his cap and gown, but I did get a couple of pics of Michael and me wearing the outfit. Hopefully Jim got some got shots that he'll share with me soon.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home