Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Monday, April 28, 2008

Roseanne


If you were a fan of the "Roseanne" show, you'll love the clip that follows. I was a big fan of the show, until the last season. At the beginning of the final season (or maybe the end of the next to last season), Roseanne and Dan won the lottery. The show began to take wild and crazy turns (Dan had a heart attack but survived... Roseanne & Dan separated (maybe divorced?)... Roseanne and her sister, Jackie, took wild trips to swanky hotels and partied with the rich and famous... Roseanne imagined herself as Mary Tyler Moore in one episode, and as the star of "I Dream of Jeanie" in another. Nothing made sense, and I finally gave up and stopped watching. Fast forward several years--- I was talking to a coworker one night and the subject of Roseanne came up. I told him how disgusted I was by the entire last season. "You didn't watch the finale, did you?", he asked. Well, no I didn't. It turns out that he had the finale on tape and loaned it to me. It turns out that Roseanne explained all of the wild twists and turns of the last season in the final episode. She wrapped it all up and everything made sense. In reality, Dan didn't survive the heart attack. Everything that followed was written from her imagination and her attempt to cope with the uncopable.
The clip below is the last few minutes of the entire series. Watch it and try not to cry! I think that this is one of the best final episodes out there- almost as good as the last "Newhart" episode. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!


5 Comments:

Blogger epgraves said...

I was a huge fan and watch every tuesday night (at least I think it was tuesday. The fact that they killed Dan was a real bummer to me and hated that it ended that way.

9:50 PM

 
Blogger epgraves said...

Oh, and my favorite Roseanne quote from the show..."Hey, I own a loose meat restaurant, I know how to get rid of a body!"

9:55 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was really good. I had stopped watching it for the same reason you did but I'm glad to see the real end of the show. Thanks for sharing.

7:03 AM

 
Blogger epgraves said...

Oh, I realized the above is my second favorite quote, my all time favorite was "I consider myself a good judge of people, that's why I don't like any of them."

11:50 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am still mad thatt he never mentioned that the original Becky was my friend Lecy, we went to College together
Mic

11:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home