Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Friday, April 11, 2008

"Weighting"


I've been battling my weight for all of my life. Okay, it's not the battle that you might imagine. I have never been overweight. Far from it. I've been the "98 pound weakling" that Charles Atlas told us all about 50 years ago. I've always struggled with being skinny. I've done everything I can think of to gain weight, and nothing has helped. I used to drink Gain Weight formulas. I'd drink a couple of glasses containing 1500+ calories (with whole milk)-- I'd weigh myself often in hopes of gaining a pound or two, only to find that the bathroom scale would reveal a decrease in poundage. I started adding eggs, peanut butter and ice cream to the Gain Weight mixture-- but it didn't help. My weight didn't increase, and who knows what shape my arteries and stomach are in after ingesting (or should that be "digesting") these concoctions!


For the past couple of years, I've been working out. I try to eat better. I take supplements and vitamins and drink meal replacement shakes when I don't have time to eat... and nothing happens! I don't get any bigger, and this bothers me!


There isn't a lot of sympathy for people with my problem. There are no support groups for people with high metabolism. There is no "Under Eater's Anonymous", that I know of.


To top off my "problem", my friend Christian visited last weekend and he left behind a set of bathroom scales. I've been weighing myself morning, noon and night since he left. Every time I lay on the sofa and watch TV, I eat chips, salsa and anything else I can find to munch on. I stand on the scales afterwards and watch the needle flutter somewhere between anorexia and bulimia.


Mom used to say: "Wait til you turn 20, you'll gain weight". Later it was "Wait til your 30...". followed by "Wait til you're 40...". Hell, I'm getting close to 43 and I can still wear the same clothes I wore in high school! Maybe it'll happen when I turn 50.


(My apologies to anyone reading this that struggles with weight issues. I know it's not the same-- but it bugs me anyway!).

1 Comments:

Blogger =^..^= Kitty =^..^= said...

You're not alone out there in SlimLand. Many people wish to be heavier. Some folks are just naturally thin; just like others are naturally fatter. Enjoy your sveltness!!!

11:56 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home