Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Catching You Up!

A lot has happened since I last posted on the Blog-- I'll try to recap it as quickly as possible! I guess I'll start with the Dogwood Festival. We now have a brand new Flying Biscuit tent to use at festivals and other events. It's bright orange with our logo on top! We also got a new purple tablecloth with our logo on it. It's very impressive, especially compared to what our old tent and banner used to look like! We even have professionally printed menu boards! Beets the heck out of the dry erase board that I've brought to many events in the past! We'll get a lot of use out of these items very soon-- on the horizon are the Inman Park Festival, the Kirkwood Festival and the Candler Park Festivals.






Christian came by and visited for a couple of days, en route from Florida to California. While he was here, we went out to his storage room in Cartersville and cleaned it out. We boxed up everything and made a run to Fedex so he could ship some stuff home. We loaded everything else into my car. My car isn't' very big, but we filled it to the gills. In fact, it was so full that we could barely see Chris in the backseat-- he was buried underneath luggage and other items. His head was sticking out a little, so we were able to take a picture of him!




I've got some big news for you too! I'm getting my own catering store! The building behind the Biscuit (formerly Salon Red) is vacant. I found out last week that I will be allowed to rent that space just for me and the catering business! It's a two story building with lots of office space and storage space in the basement. The upstairs is pretty much one large room (with a nice office behind closed doors). It has hardwood floors, exposed ceiling, spot lights and lots of big windows. I'm going to be able to use the upstairs as an event space. We get lots of requests for large parties (bridal showers, reunions, etc) and we can never accommodate them on weekends. Once I have this space in place, I can offer a catered event on the premises. I think it'll be great-- the business that we've been turning away will now stay in-house, and will go towards catering sales. I'm going to have my work cut out for me-- the upstairs will need to be cleaned, painted and decorated in a Biscuit motif, but it'll be worth it. Plus, I might actually get some work done once my office isn't in the restaurant! The building will be mine as of May 1st. I can't wait to change that awning and plant flowers in the window boxes!

3 Comments:

Blogger epgraves said...

Good news on the seperate building. I knew that they were going to hand you something cool eventually. I was thinking full corprate with an office and a staff for catering but this is about the same I would say, it's a big complement. Will there be a seperate kitchen/prep area in the new building or will you still use the kitchen in the restaurant?

9:48 PM

 
Blogger Brian said...

I think this is better than a corporate office-- my own building!!!!! Maybe even a reserved parking spot with my name on it!!!

For now, the kitchen and prep team will still work out of the store next door. Hopefully I can change that one of these days!

7:55 PM

 
Blogger epgraves said...

Sometimes it pays to work ur azz off. I knew you were going to be moving up or handed something cool when Delia started asking you about your earning goals. You can get a hell of a lot bigger and bolder now, eventually you will have to have a large staff, but they gave you your own building.....they know that. They are seeing REALLY BIG or they would not have done that. Hey dude, you built this all by yourself!

3:25 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home