Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Recap

They finally opened the downtown Atlanta streets and MARTA stations (following last weekend's tornado), so Michael was able to finally return to work today! We didn't get to spend Easter together. :(


I did go to church today and Mom & Martha joined me. The church was beautifully filled with Easter Lillies. Afterwards, we had an awesome lunch at the Academy Grille with Rob & Anna.


Afterwards, I stopped by the Tavern to see Beverly, Bruce and Lynn for a few minutes and then headed home with the best of intentions.
I really wanted to clean the house- top to bottom! I wanted to do laundry, cut the grass in the backyard, bathe the dogs, mop the floors-- the works. I thought it'd be a cool surprise for Michael when he got home from working a double. But-- it didn't happen. I sat on the sofa to watch a little TV before I started my chores. The next thing I knew, it was 3 hours later and I was waking up from a great nap- still wearing my suit. I needed the sleep, though. I've been burning the candle at both ends for so long. I'm learning to take any opportunity I can to sleep. God, I'm getting old I guess!


When I did finally wake up, I got to work. I cleaned the bathroom, washed the sheets, polished some furniture, cleaned the kitchen and even did a little work on the pond before the sun went down. I didn't get as much done as I wanted to, but it's looking a little better. I thought Sunday was supposed to be a day of rest!
Happy Easter!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home