Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Road Trip!



After a full day of hard labor, Michael and I cleaned up and went to dinner in Villa Rica to celebrate our friend Marie's birthday. I had never met Marie before, but I've talked to her on the phone several times. Michael met Marie at work one day. She was a guest dining in his restaurant with her mother and her daughter. Michael and Marie hit it off that day, and they've enjoyed numerous marathon phone conversations ever since!


Villa Rica is a cool little town-- it reminded me a little of East Point and College Park. It's a little hike to get there, though-- it's 26 miles from the Georgia/Alabama state line! We ate at a Cajun restaurant named "Gabe's". I had a hard time deciding on an entree because everything sounded like something I would love. On the other hand, Michael was pretty limited with what he could order-- he's allergic to shellfish. Every item on the menu included shellfish. There were several chicken selections, but they were all topped with, stuffed with, or served on a bed of some type of shellfish! I got the Yellow Fin Tuna w/ Wasabi dressing and Michael settled for the only item on the menu that wouldn't kill him, a fillet, and we both loved our food.


It was great to finally meet Marie and her husband Owen. I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot more of them in the future!
Happy birthday, Marie!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home