Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Say Cheese!




We are redoing the catering menu and wanted to get some shots of some of the catering foods that we sell. A team of us met at the studio and spent the day setting up the perfect shots to compliment our food. I haven't received the final professional copies of our photos yet, but I took these with my camera. I'm sure there will be some touching up and editing in the final version, but I was pretty happy with these as they are.




It's always fun working with the food stylists-- you wouldn't believe how much work goes into taking just 1 picture. We only did 2 pictures yesterday and it took us about 8 hours. I didn't get a copy of the breakfast platters picture. In that one, we had breakfast sandwiches (bacon/egg/cheese, etc.). The food stylist actually used a small pair of scissors to trim the eggs into the perfect size and shape. I won't even go into how long it took them to make a fruit platter! Each piece had to be trimmed to the perfect dimensions.




The pictures I am showing today are of the Power Breakfast (scrambled eggs, rosemary potatoes, white cheddar grits, turkey bacon, chicken sausage and biscuits). I really love the closeup shot, because it contains all of the foods in one picture, without the distraction of the tablecloth and chafing racks.




This will be a great tool and it's got to increase sales. When I suggest a Power Breakfast and can show a picture of it, I think it will sell itself! I'll post the edited copies when I receive them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home