Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Thursday, September 29, 2005

"Tired in Atlanta"



I didn't write this poem~~ I found it online tonight. I think it kind of sums up my point of view on life and I thought I'd share it with you:








TIRED IN ATLANTA
(for Chris)

I'm not a supermodel, but I'm not ugly;
I'm far from being a troll---decent and cute.
It took work to look this way--- rivers of sweat pouring down my back and skimpy meals a starving man would turn down.
I'm not the most intelligent guy on this planet, but anyone who talks to me knows
I'm far from stupid.

Give me a task, give me a book-- I'm quick to learn.
You won't have to ask twice.
My flaw is laziness; I need inspiration.
I'm creative. Whether you think my poems are bad,
whether you think my poems are good,
you have to give credit to my creativity.
You wonder where it all stems?

I'm unique. I'm not mainstream; that's good.
I question- ask why and how; that's good.
I challenge the norm; that's good.I'm good.

I've never claimed to be cliche, mister nice guy,
but the truth is:
give me simple respect and I'll move mountains for you.
Overlooking the sincerity of my heart only breaks it;
I'll put it back together, but won't ever let you touch it again.

I'm not your average gay guy in this city.
I don't do drugs,never even tried them.
I'm not seeking a life of retail,
and you can't find me clubbing every weekend.

Understand what I'm saying--love me for who I am,
never ask me to change a single part of my being
nor compromise my thoughts or beliefs on any level.
Only ask me to stay true to being me.

1 Comments:

Blogger =^..^= Kitty =^..^= said...

Wow! That's powerful stuff Brian.

2:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home