Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Another Brush with Greatness!


I catered an event at the Margaret Mitchell house tonight. It was a book-signing event, and the guest author was Mary Higgins Clark (the author of twenty-four worldwide bestsellers). Accompanying Mrs. Clark was her daughter, Carol Higgins Clark (also a well known author). They are on a tour promoting their new books. I got to meet both of the authors prior to the event and they couldn't have been nicer. They both posed for pictures with me, and thanked me for catering the event. They couldn't eat prior to speaking, so we packed them up some plates of food to take back to the hotel after their engagement. When I delivered their to-go plates to the "green room", they thanked me again profusely. They were such classy and sweet women-- they even came out of the green room to applaud when they heard the Flying Biscuit being mentioned as the caterers.
It was a great experience and I can't wait to cater more of these events in the future.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The big question is: Will you read their books and/or recommend them to the book club???

7:33 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home