Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Bad Luck Day

I didn't realize until just now-- today is June 25th. Not a big day to most people, but HUGE in my family! Not only is today my Uncle's Birthday (Happy Birthday, Uncle Hub!), but it's also my familie's bad luck day. Something terrible has happened to a family member on this date every year since I was a kid. Here's a partial list of bad events- they all occurred on June 25th of different years:

  • My grandmother, Mommo died
  • My grandmother, Mema died
  • My father was rushed to the hospital after accidently cutting off his finger in a pair of hedgeclippers while volunteering at a nursing home
  • I fell in the carport and busted my chin- required stitches
  • My brother Joel had his appendix removed
  • My cousin Martha was hit by a car while walking to her car in a parking lot
  • My Grandfather, Granddaddy, had a heart attack
  • My brother Joel drove his brand new car off of a bridge: broke ribs, shoulder, legs and arms.
  • My brother Jim totalled his brand new Camaro when a senior citizen ran a stop sign (no injuries)
  • Jim accidentally cut me with a pocket knife, requiring stitches

Lots of other things happened-- I'd have to talk to my Mom to get the complete list. However, as far as I know, nothing bad has happened to my family today. Of course, there is still 1.5 hours left in the day, but I'm feeling pretty secure that all of my immediate family is safe at home. The scarey part is that all of my aunts, uncles and cousins are on the road tonight returning from the wedding in NC. Hopefully everyone will make it home in one piece and this will be the first year in my life that nothing bad will occur on June 25th.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brian said...

Update:

I checked with Mom today and found out that everyone made it home from NC safely!

6:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home