Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Friday, June 16, 2006

Brokeback Mormon


I went to the opening night performance of "Confessions of a Mormon Boy" at the 14th Street Playhouse last night and highly recommend it. It's a one man show, written and performed by Steven Fales. In the play, Fales tells us about growing up as a gay Mormon, his marriage and subsequent divorce and the excommunication from the church that followed. It's at times hysterically funny; at times very sweet and touching. Most of all I enjoyed sitting in the front row, 5 feet away from this sometimes half-dressed piece of eye candy for 90 minutes!
There was a twist at the end of the play that I can't reveal here- don't want to blow it for anyone that plans on seeing the show. Let's just say that I was shocked! Dewberry said that I actually gasped!
Click on the title of this blog ("Brokeback Mormon") above for more info on Fales and the show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home