Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Monday, June 05, 2006

Dream Weaver

My friend Steve (EPGraves from the Southern Shades blog, listed in my links to the right) recently posted that he has a recurring dream about discovering new rooms in his house. I responded that I have had similar dreams in the past. Mine usually involve me tearing down a wall and discovering a room that I never knew existed in my house. Usually it turns out that there is a grand ballroom, fully furnished, lying just behind the crumbled wall. Sometimes it's not that elaborate. At times it's just a closet or storage area. But it always seems so real and in the dream I'm hitting myself in the head and wondering why I had never noticed this room in my house before.
So, tonight I consulted the Dream Dictionary and found the meaning behind this dream. It makes total sense:
"To dream that you find or discover new rooms, suggests that you are developing new strengths and taking on new roles. The dream signafies that you are growing emotionally."
Now that that mystery is solved, I'm trying to figure out why there is sometimes a mental patient or homeless person living in my newly discovered room. If I find it, I'll post it!

5 Comments:

Blogger epgraves said...

In my dreams as I had posted there was also a mental patient (Mine was behind a door in the attic I had never seen before and I could just hear them behind it, locked in to hide them away.) I have also had dreams about hidden rooms in the cemeteries that I work in. On was in a hill behind the grave of a family friend and inside the room was a glass partition that looked into the grave and the side of the casket was missing and you could see her laying there. A tv was in the room and I was watching it and I would turn around to see that she had shifted positions and maybe yawning. Many, many snakes in the graveyard as well.

Ok, I can hear Beverly say "HE HAS MAJOR ISSUES!" OK, maybe but they do disturb me, I don't like having them.

10:53 PM

 
Blogger Brian said...

According to the Dream Dictionary,

"To see a corpse in your dream represents an aspect of yourself that has died."

It's not a bad thing- it just means that you have grown to a new level, and left something behind! Don't be so hard on yourself- all of the dreams that you seem to be scared of represent growth and learning. Embrace them and enjoy the experience!

11:07 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys are way over my head. If I remember a dream at all it's usually forgotten if I repeat it to anyone else.

6:15 AM

 
Blogger epgraves said...

hummmm, I bet most of your dreams involve travel or missing planes...Just a guess.

10:12 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

3:50 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home