Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Emergency, 911

I received this e-mail from a neighbor tonight:
"We had our motorcycle saddlebags riffled through and the jacket, hat etc. tossed out and 1 glove taken. Our neighbor had his bicycle stolen. Both were on Pearl. Detective Sheehan said we should watch for " kids". I asked that the curfew be enforced by the patroling officers."

My first instinct was to feel sympathy. My neighbor was robbed! Then I re-read the email and realized that she had only lost one glove. Logic tells me that she lost that glove somewhere else. Why would any theif have a pair of gloves in their hand and decide to take just one of them? It doesn't make sense. If I had been a "victim" of a stolen glove, I don't think I would broadcast it to hundreds of my neighbors, with the subject line "notice of neighborhood break in". On the other hand, maybe it was a very nice glove. It must've been VERY nice, otherwise why would you send out a neighborhood-wide alert? Until the curfew laws are changed, or enforced better, I'll be on the lookout for a gang of kids (they'll be easy to spot- one of them is wearing one glove!). Who knows what dastardly crimes these kids have in mind- they may be scheming to steal the weeds from my flower garden next!

8 Comments:

Blogger epgraves said...

Michael Jackson jokes are out so I will refrain.

8:08 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cletus is on patrol right now and barking to find the one-gloved teenage punk who stole that glove!! Are you preparing the tar as I find the feathers? (I have lots of them from the pillows Cletus has chewed up.)

8:13 PM

 
Blogger epgraves said...

Also, noted 3 new posts with no photos.... Are you having a problem with posting photos on blogger like I am?

8:13 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also, not to defend these dastardly deeds but do they keep their bikes outside at night???

8:31 PM

 
Blogger Brian said...

EP, I'm sorry for the delayed response... I was in the front yard with my dogs keeping an eye out for those ruthless "kids".

I tried to post pictures but they wouldn't post.

8:51 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't stop thinking about those evil-doers and wonder if that glove might have been lost some time ago. What are they doing with gloves, scarves, etc. in the saddle bags in JUNE???

7:54 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

4:22 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

3:50 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home