Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Sunday, May 28, 2006

On the "B List" Again


I guess that Melisha and I fall under the "Local Celebrities" category. I guess that's a step up- last year we were referred to in the "Many More" category. But-- I guess if you aren't a "Possum", part of the "Jenkin's Clan" or Gigi Monroe, you really aren't worthy of mention.
BTW, although the ad doesn't mention it, there will be a celebrity guest appearance by Dewberry, from TV's "Hell's Kitchen" show. Maybe Dewberry is also B-Listed under the "Local Celebrities" category.
I'm sorry if this is making me look like a Diva-- complaining about who gets top billing (or billing at all). I really don't care if my name is on the ad or not. It would be nice, but it's not something that I would get in a snit about. No one really asked my opinion to begin with. The Possums do do a lot of work to pull this benefit off, and the rest of us pretty much just arrive the night of the show. I don't really have any right to complain about how things are done, if I don't offer to help do these things.
Thanks, Daphne, for sending me a copy of this ad all the way from Louisville! It's a great ad! I'm glad that you'll be able to make it to HOTlanta to be in the show! It'll be fun to see you again.

4 Comments:

Blogger epgraves said...

Kevin is making me come see his act. Guess I am burned out from all of the drag I did in the late 80's at sci-fi conventions. I originated and started the "Drag Race Shows".

Might as well show. Like the poster, Campy is good.

8:24 PM

 
Blogger Daphne Ruth Jenkins said...

Hey Keisha,

Can't wait to work with you again at the show. We really need to hang out more this time. Who's hosting the after-party?

Don't feel bad about the billing, girl. I had suggested that they list "Daphne Ruth Jenkins and the Girls of Drag-O-Drama" and Prissy just mumbled something about issues with space and the layout.

Smooches,
Daph

4:47 PM

 
Blogger Brian said...

Prissy also mentioned that I would have to share a dressing room again this year! No respect from that one!!! I tell you what-- I better have abowl full of green M&M's in that shared dressing room, or this girl ain't doing a show!!!! I hope I don't sound too much like a diva! Nah, I think it's only reasonable!!!!

As far as I know, the after party will be at the Corner Tavern-- a very short walk (across a long bridge) from the Wagon Works. We always go there after the show-- in full drag-- and we get lots of attention. Hope you'll join us there after the show! Smooches!

10:08 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

3:50 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home