Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Sunday, June 04, 2006

A Big Day!


After six weeks of Confirmation classes, I am finally a member of St. John's Episcopal Church in College Park, GA. Nine of us from our church (including me and Kitty) joined about 150 other candidates at the Cathedral of St. Philips today where we were all being Baptised, Confirmed, Received and/or Reaffirming our faith. The service was beautiful and attended by about 450 people, including our friends Rob Bitterman & Ray Townsend, my mother Harriet Burnett and cousin Martha Cantrell. It was a long service, but moving and impressive. When the Bishop, Priest and Associate Priest layed their hands on me, blessed me and welcomed me to the Episcopol church, I almost cried. I've been a "visitor" at church for 6 months-- now I can say that I am a member! It's a great feeling and it was a great day.

3 Comments:

Blogger epgraves said...

Congratulations!
Thank God there was no major coversion classes for the Methodist church in my case. Glad that you made it through.

10:42 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was such a beautiful service, I was honored to be there for you - you are a very special friend! You make me a better person. Rob

7:07 PM

 
Blogger Brian said...

That's so sweet of you to say, Rob. But I should be the one saying it to you- if it weren't for you, I never would've even visited St. John's. Thanks for showing me what I would have been missing out on!

7:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home