Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Book Reports for Adults



Here's a challenge for you all!

1. Grab the nearest book.

2. Open the book to page 123.

3. Find the fifth sentence.

4. Post the text of the next 4 sentences in the comments section below.

5. Don't you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest.


OK, here's what I found in Augusten Burrough's "Possible Side Effects":


"But when I turned thirty, something was indeed left behind. Suddenly, inexplicably, a piece of me went missing. The very piece responsible for breaking up with a guy if he turned out to be a freak. Literally overnight, I went from somebody who was a pretty good judge of character- somebody who was able to go on a date or two, and if I didn't feel the chemistry, kindly back out- to being a sucker, unable to think and act for myself."

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

From Gabriele D'Annunzio's "L'Innocente":

"I mean- something that you know of, that is already in your thoughts? Tell me the truth! I looked at her fixedly. She did not speak, and by degrees I seemed to see nothing but her great eyes, extraordinarilly dilated and dark and motionless."

Omega

9:04 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I'm having bad cramps," she said. "I've been lying here timing them. We need to call Dr. Sherman." I was wide awake now. The baby was coming? I was wild with anticipation...

From "Marley & Me" (life and love with the world's worst dog)

6:26 AM

 
Blogger =^..^= Kitty =^..^= said...

From the Book of Common Prayer, Church of England, 1964 Edition.

"I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; and their sins and iniquities will I remember no more. Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin. Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the vail, that is to say, his flesh; and having a High Priest over the house of God; let us draw near with a true heart, in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water."

9:31 AM

 
Blogger Brian said...

From "All I really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten":

"A botanist told me that if you gather up a bunch of Stuff in a jar and put some water in it and let it sit in the sunlight and plant a seed in it, the seed will grow like crazy; or if you do the same thing but put it in a damp, dark place, mushrooms will grow in it. And then, if you eat the mushrooms, you see stars. Also, if you really want to see a lot of it, take the sheet off your bed, shake it hard in a dark room, and then turn on a beamed flashlight. There you are. Like the little snowman in the round glass ball on the mantel at Grandma's house"

12:22 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home