Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Christmas on Westwood Avenue





Finally~~ a picture of my Christmas tree! For an artificial tree, it doesn't look too bad! I've never been a huge fan of fake trees, but it makes so much more sense than spending a bunch of money on a live tree that ends up in the trash pile a few weeks later. I bought this tree at the 2005 Thanksgiving Sale at Home Depot for about $25. I'm sure one day I'll break down and get a live tree again, but for now I'm enjoying the convienance of having a prelighted tree in a box and not having to mess with visiting the tree lots each year, hauling a tree home in my little car, and figuring out how to dispose of it shortly afterwards.
Now- how about a tour through the rest of the house? Below are some of my favorite Christmas decorations. None of them are valuable, but all of them are priceless. I know, I'm a big old dork when it comes to sentimental things! Christmas always bring out my sentimental, dorky side!




Mom gave me this little guy a few years ago. Ain't he cute? He stands about 4.5' high and has multi-collored lights on his antlers and a blinking red nose.
















These "3 Wisemen" figurines adorned my grandmother's mantle for as far back as I can remember. When she passed away, they were handed down to me.



These wooden pine trees were a gift from my childhood next door neighbor, Michael McNally. He cut them out and gave them to my parents for Christmas one year. I don't know how I ended up with them, but they've always ranked as my favorite decoration. Ideally, they should be on a wide table so they can have candles behind them, creating some pretty cool shadows. But somehow they end up on my mantle every year- no candles, no shadows, but lots of good memories.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!!

Merry Christmas, Brian.

Jim

7:36 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home