Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Ready for the Big Move!


My "home office" is moving from the sunroom to the laundry room. I've spent the past two days cleaning out the laundry room, which had become more of a graveyard for unwanted decorations and household garbage that I couldn't part with. Well, I parted with a lot! I threw away more stuff than I ever thought I could. With clenched fists, I disposed of things that I had collected and accumulated for decades. It's all gone now, and I'm left with a room that's vacant, except for a washer and dryer.
The phone company will be here Friday afternoon to add a phone jack and then I can move the desk, computer and filing cabinets into the new office. It'll be great to get out of the drafty sunroom and into a smaller space that I can heat with my portable space heater. In the Spring, I'll be able to open the blinds and look out over my flower garden whenever I'm on my computer. It'll be nice.
Tonight and tomorrow night, I will repaint the new office and clean the floors, so it'll be ready for the big move on Friday night.
When the desk is out of the sunroom, I can move the sofa in here and create more of a den. My brother Joel bought a new sofa and he's giving me his old one. It's nice, an off-white, leather-like sofa. It'll look great in the living room. Joel will bring the sofa to me this weekend, and shortly afterwards three of the rooms in my house will be redecorated. I'm looking forward to the changes. Stay tuned for some updated pics!

1 Comments:

Blogger =^..^= Kitty =^..^= said...

Let me know if you need some "help" moving stuff around on Friday night. I'm excellent at moving stuff around!!!

Love ya!

9:13 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home