Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Clara~ the Mighty Huntress!!!

Clara's main form of entertainment is slaying possums. Lucky for her, there seems to be an endless supply of possums in my yard. I don't know where they come from, or where they live. I've never seen a live possum in my yard. Usually I wake up to the sound of Clara's barking and look out the window to see that she's slayed again. I keep a shovel near the backdoor, so it's not a big chore to scoop up the corpse and toss it over the fence.

I would never tell Clara this, but she has never killed one possum. Every time that I've thrown a seemingly dead varmit over the fence, I've come back later and found that the critter had magically resurrected and disappeared. For all I know, it's the same possum creeping into my yard time and time again. Maybe it enjoys the game as much as Clara does.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe it's the same possum who "dines" with Lynn's cats. BTW, Clara is King, Cletus, and Lady's mama. I guess you knew that.

4:57 PM

 
Blogger Brian said...

Of course I knew that.

It's hard to believe that little Clara produced such big offspring. I'd bet that each of her kids are twice her weight.

6:13 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my lawd, Thank goodness the possums are still alive. Some of your best friends are possums

7:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home