Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Daily Recap---


I woke up to some great news today-- I checked my bank balance to make sure that my paycheck was direct deposited, and it was. The cool part was that it was for a lot more than usual! I was expecting it to be a little higher because I was being paid the car wrap payment. What I didn't realize was that since I am now considered a corporate partner, the car wrap payment is twice what I expected! What a great way to start the day!
I got to work at 6am and catered a breakfast for the GA State crew, this time in a private home near Lenox Mall. Afterwards, I met my brother Joel at LA Fitness (Northlake). We had a good workout, then we got our cars washed, and then headed to Kroger's to do some shopping for tomorrow's Mother's Day lunch. I'm cooking Salmon / Sole Mimosa (braids of the two fish, served on a bed of rice, topped with a creamy white wine sauce and sprinkled with grated egg yolks). I'll be cooking for all of the extended family for the first time, so I hope it turns out okay.
After Kroger's I did a quick run to Restaurant Depot for some much needed catering supplies, and then to Lowe's for a hanging basket to give Mom tomorrow (along with an olive bowl that she had her eye on a couple of weeks ago at the Inman Park Festival- I bought it when she wasn't looking).
When I finally got home and unloaded my car, I decided it would be a good time to catch up on the shows that I'd Tivo'd this week. No such luck. The catering hotline began to ring...and ring.. and ring. I took 17 calls and wrote up 7 orders for the next couple of weeks- totalling just shy of $5000. I finally turned the phone off at 3pm, wrote up the orders, sent invoices and called it a day. The rest of the day is MINE! I can finally do all of the things that I've wanted to do all week-- laundry, vacuuming, dishes, etc. What a life I've carved out for myself, huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home