Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Water Restrictions


Water restrictions allow me to only water my gardens/lawn from midnight til 10:00am, every other day. That would be great if I worked the graveyard shift! I understand the need for water restrictions, I really do! But I see things from a different point of view, I guess. First of all the watering times do not match my schedule. I go to be by 8pm most nights. I get up at 3:30am, and I leave the house by 4:00am. When am I supposed to run the sprinkler?


I live alone. I work 12 hours a day, 7 days a week. I shower at the gym at least 4 days a week. I might do two loads of laundry a week, and I run the dishwasher one or two times a month! I don't use much water. However, right next door is a family of 5. They all take showers daily (I hope!), they probably do at least one load of laundry a day, and they probably run the dishwasher at least once a day. They probably use at least 5 times the water that I use (maybe more), yet we have the same restriction.


It isn't fair, but I guess it's true that life isn't fair, huh? I'd love to see the water restriction guiedelines changed-- each house should be allowed a certain number of gallons of water per day. Once that limit is reached, the water should be turned off and restored the following day! That'll never happen, but it's nice to dream, huh?


I will follow the rules, but if my petunias die in the process, I'm going to be really pissed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home