Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Monday, September 03, 2007

A Day Off is a Dangerous Thing...




I'm not using to being away from work. I rarely get a day off, but this week I got three of them-- consecutively, even! I don't know if I remember what a typical weekend is supposed to consist of, much less an extended weekend! I don't have any regrets though, I got a lot accomplished in the past three days.




I cleared out all of the dead/dying Summer plants. I spread mulch (the remains of the oak tree that fell in my yard a few weeks ago) on most of the flower beds.


A couple of days ago, I bought a new fridge-- it was delivered today. It looked so nice that it inspired me to do a few home improvement projects that I've had on the back-burner for too long. I ripped out the old kitchen cabinets and replaced them. I also replaced the counter top. I'll be getting a new stove asap. I still have a few more cabinets to replace, but I'd say that the renovation is about halfway finished!






3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy Cow!! Is that really your kitchen? It looks great. Wow, you can do more with a few days off than I can in a year!!!

7:08 PM

 
Blogger =^..^= Kitty =^..^= said...

Brian, it looks great. Can't wait to see it in person. However, you have got to STOP changing the paint color so often -- you'll end up with a very small room. I really liked the green kitchen you had for about..........15 minutes. LOL

2:37 PM

 
Blogger Brian said...

Look at the pictures again-- the kitchen is still green-- There is a chair rail in the kitchen and everything below the chair rail is white. I was focussing on the new cabinets when I was taking pictures, and I guess that made the kitchen look totally white. You'll have to come see it-- I'm very happy that I've finally taken the first step to improving the kitchen!

8:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home