Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Bragging....

The deal I struck with the Biscuit is finally starting to pay off! It took a few months for everything to fall into place, but believe it or not-- it's finally happening! I don't get paid commission on catering orders until we receive payment. Most of my big accounts are on a 30 day billing cycle, so it took a little while to get things going. But now the pieces are falling into place. This week I received payments on some of the jobs I did in July and the commission on those jobs will be enough to cover my mortgage- and I'll still receive my regular paycheck on top of that! As long as business keeps up, and my clients continue to pay on time, I'll be sitting pretty! I'll be receiving the equivelant of 1 month's mortgage every other week!




Forgive me for bragging about money--I know that it can disappear in the blink of an eye. I've lived a pretty humble life for the past 40-something years. I'm proud of myself and the work that I did to get to this point. I worked hard for it and I'm glad to know that hard work does pay off eventually!




I've come a long way from where I was a few years ago-- I remember a few years ago when I got a foreclosure notice. I took a loan from Beverly to save my house. This was probably the most humiliating point in my life. I come from a family that always played as if they were rich. No matter how dire the circumstances, we were well dressed and were taught to give the appearance that we were wealthy. Borrowing money from a new-found friend was out of the question. But I did it- I was desperate. Thank God for Beverly-- I'd hate to think where I would be without her help. Hopefully some day I can "Pay it Forward" and help someone else in need.

I've borrowed money and scraped by for so many years. I robbed Peter and payed Paul. I schemed and I dreamed, and somehow I arrived at this point. It's such a relief to know that all of my bills are paid- the multiple daily calls from collection agencies have stopped, too. I'm not rich, and I don't foresee ever being wealthy, but everytime I receive one of these commission checks I feel like I'm getting a silent pat on the shoulder and the words "job well done" ring in my ear.



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, thank you but, most of all congrats!!! One of these days I'll be knocking on your door (at least for that Biscuit Basket)!!

4:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home