Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Life on the Farm...


I was able to find 2 more Shubunkins at Petsmart today, so now I'm up to 5. I will stop when I get to 8, because I've learned that I should only have 1 Shubunkin per 35 gallons of water-- my pond holds somewhere between 275-300 gallons of water, so 8 Shubys will have to be enough. They aren't easy to find-- I've already bought out Petco and Petsmart. I need to find 3 more soon, so that they have time to get settled in before the winter hybernation period starts. There's a Petsmart on Ponce de Leon Ave in Midtown that I haven't checked yet. Maybe tomorrow.


I installed three pond lights yesterday. One is inside the pond shining up. The other two are outside the pond- one shines down on the water, and the other shines across the top of the pond and highlights the frog fountain and some of the surrounding plants. It's really beautiful at night. I'll need to schedule an evening garden party when the weather gets a little cooler, and after the Summer plants are removed and replaced with foliage that resembles live plants!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home