Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Shubunkins




I'm sure that none of my friends have ever heard of a Shubunkin.

It's a breed of goldfish-- in the same family as Koi. I am now the proud owner of three calico Shubunkins. They are the heartiest members of the goldfish family, and if they can't survive in my pond nothing can!
I like the idea of owning a pet that no one has ever heard of. How prentitious will it be when I tell people that I have 4 dogs and "several Shubunkins"? I can imagine Joel saying "My brother lives out in East Point-- he's a caterer, and he breeds Shubunkins!"
I vow to use the word Shubunkin in a sentence at least once a day. Before long, everyone will be talking about Shubunkins as if they know what they are. People will be impressed with my ability to breed Shubunkins, but secretly wonder what in the hell a Shubunkin is!


1 Comments:

Blogger =^..^= Kitty =^..^= said...

Increasing my word power has always been a game with me. I'd never heard of a "Shuby." Thanks.

I think it's such a cute word, I might name my next kitten Shubunkin. All sorts of cute nickname possibilities.

Waiting for cooler weather for the aquatic introductions!

8:38 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home