Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Thursday, August 02, 2007

Old Friends


While on a catering run today, I ran into an old friend. I was in the lobby entrance of Crawford Long Hospital when I heard my name being shouted. I turned around and I saw Joy Miller standing there.


No one would ever suspect that the two of us would be such good friends. You wouldn't imagine that we had anything in common. She's black, I'm white... she's in her 70's, I'm in my 40's... she's the front desk manager for an OBGYN, I'm the catering manager for the Biscuit. What could we possibly have in common?


We worked side by side as travel agents at Rosenbluth International Travel for 5 years. When Rosenbluth closed, we both ended up at Carlson Travel. We worked there together for another 2 years before they closed and we found each other again at ESC. We worked together for another year before I left for the Biscuit. ESC closed a few months later and she found herself in a new career at Crawford Long.


Joy is one of my all-time favorite people in the world and it was so great to see her today. I found out that she now lives in East Point, too. Something else we have in common!


We traded phone numbers, several hugs , a couple of kisses and promises to get together sometime soon. What a great chance meeting!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home