Daily thoughts by a guy that doesn't like to think deeply too often!

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Finishing Touches...


I had to do a little touch-up on the outdoor decorations today. The combination of the drought and higher temperatures wasn't kind to my live garland. It's no longer live! With all of the dead greenery (or is it "brownery"?) adorning my house, it was beginning to look more and more like Halloween than Christmas! I remembered a bag of fake berries that I had in the attic and went to work sprucing up the spruce! As usual, I went a little overboard with the berries, but it looks a lot better.


My Aunt & Uncle are having a Christmas Eve get-together at their house tomorrow. It will be nice because all of my cousin's and their kids will be there-- it's rare to see them all at the same time since they are all spread out across the country. Afterwards, my immediate family wants to come by my house for eggnog, which means that I will spend the remainder of today getting ready-- the house is in shambles, so it's going to take a lot of work to turn this house into a winter wonderland. Hmmm-- since the outside decorations are looking so good, maybe I'll just serve eggnog in the front yard and try to keep everyone outdoors! Wouldn't that be nice!!!! no such luck!!


I guess it's time to bite the bullet and get this old house presentable!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home